Employment Opportunities are available upon completion of the Athens’ Own Worker Readiness Certification, via the internship program or volunteer work.
“Resilience Communication Specialist”
Manages production, output and improvement of a variety of communications systems and materials related to the mission and goals of Athens’ Own. Documents and reflects on activities, with an emphasis on analyzing and increasing efficiency and development of systems. Attempts to maximize the use of every action in attempt to achieve the greatest benefit from the smallest amount of energy, and continually improve the systems in place. This “maximization of actions” includes personal reflective documents, creativity, and actions as a member of the team.
Specific jobs which may be undertaken and/or managed by the “Resilience Communication Specialist”
- Creating and managing website design and content,
- Drafting formal business communications to relevant contacts,
- Placing and receiving business calls in a professional and appropriate manner
- Developing and maintaining important contacts/ networking opportunities such as OU faculty
- Developing public/private informational materials such as newsletters, flyers, etc,
- Creates specific communications- internship postings, surveys, press releases, etc
- Creates documentation for internal use/ team informational purposes
- Organizes events and all planning/communications involved in event planning
- Organizes, leads, and focuses actions of communications teams and teams of teams (when available) in above areas.
- If no previous records of one’s position exists, by actions in this job, create a documented framework or “path” for the next person to follow, including a description of one’s own job. This will minimize the amount of “orientation” time needed for the following person, which in turn improves the systems in use. If previous job did exist: through actions and reflections, expand, edit and enhance previously created description, as duties develop, change, and/or evolve.